Woolworths TASTE Eat Out Bursary
Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Bursary
Woolworths Holdings Limited was established in 1931 and is a multinational retail company based in South Africa. The group owns Woolworths (South African retail chain), Country Road Group and David Jones (all Australian companies).
South African company Woolworths is a premium retailer of food, fashion, beauty and household products. The company operates more than 400 independent food stores and more than 200 full-line stores in South Africa, as well as 65 stores in Africa.
Woolworths TASTE is an award-winning magazine that publishes 11 issues a year and offers more than 50 delicious recipes. The magazine shows readers the best dining and dining options in Woolworths. The
Woolworths TASTE & Eat out Cooking Grant Program is for students who wish to receive professional training as a chef. Students must be passionate about cooking and food.
Scholarship will cover one year of study at Silwood Cookery School, Capsicum and Culinary Arts Academy, Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine, or Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted; if you do not receive comments by October 15, 2018, your request will be considered not accepted. ‘
REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- 18 years or older
- Able to start studies in January next year
- Able to cover the following costs – accommodation, transportation, living expenses and personal expenses (these are not covered by the bursary award)
- Have working experience in a professional kitchen as an intern or paid employee – café/ restaurant/ shop (minimum of 6 months)
- Have support from a stable home environment
- Must study at one of the following tertiary institutions closest to where you reside: Capsicum and Institute of Culinary Arts (Stellenbosch)/ Silwood Cookery School (Cape Town)/ Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine (Hilton)/ Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy (Centurion)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: https://taste.co.za/apply-now-2022-woolworths-taste-eat-culinary-bursary/
2) Download and complete the Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Colour photo (passport or ID size)
- Motivational letter about your goals, ambitions and why you should be awarded the bursary (max 200 words)
- Your answers to the 5 assessment questions on the application form (to be answered on a separate piece of paper)
If applying via hard copy of the application form, applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Woolworths TASTE Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Woolworths directly:
Very Useful Links