westcol online application 2023-2024
westcol online application 2023-2024
Western College (Westcol) is one of 50 public TVET Colleges that forms part of the Department of Higher Education and Training in terms of this act. CET Act.
Western College is listed in the CET Act and is included as a TVET College on the list of Public Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges. Public TVET Colleges are not required or issued with registration numbers.
The Further Education and Training (FET) Act, 98 of 1998 constituted all FET institutions in South Africa and includes public as well as private Colleges that offer programs on the FET and the Higher Education and Training (HET) bands of the National Qualification Framework (NQF). The FET Act was amended by Act 16 of 2006 and is now called the Continuous Education and Training (CET) Act, 16 of 2006(as amended).
Western TVET College’s mission is to provide quality education and training which would benefit both the students and their community. They offer various courses as well as public adult learning centers for learners that would like to complete AET levels 1,2,3 and 4 (NQF Level 1). If interested in studying any of the courses listed below then this is the College for you.
OPENING AND CLOSING DATE: Applications close on 30th November 2023
The TVET College offers a wide variety of qualifications that fit into the following categories:
National Certificates Vocational
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- Engineering Related Design
- Finance, Economics, and Accounting
- Office Practice
- Primary Agriculture
- Business and Related Studies
- Hospitality and Catering Services
- Engineering Studies
Western TVET College TVET College Admission Requirements.
Requirements for NC(V) Courses;
The students are permitted to study for a maximum of four years for NC (V) Levels 2, 3, and 4 taking into account possible subject failures.
- Minimum entrance requirements are NQF1 i.e. Grade 9 and AET Level 4
- Entry requirements have been guided and aligned to the NC (V) policy. A point system for entry into qualifications will be utilized.
Requirements for Report 191 Courses;
- Minimum entrance requirements as aligned by the NATED Policy. Students who have passed to Grade 12/NC (V) Level 4 will be admitted to N4.
- Students who have passed grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 who want to pursue an artisan career will be admitted to N1 based on a point system
Requirements for Occupational Courses;
- Minimum entrance requirements as per registered Skills Programme/Learnership approved by QCTO/SETA
- To be eligible to apply for an Occupational Programme a student who previously enrolled for NC(V) or Report 191 programs will only be considered if such a student has fully completed the NC(V) or Report 191 program (passed all subjects).
Additional Entry Requirements
- The College Council has determined additional entry requirements by means of a point system for NC(V) level 2, Report 191 N1, and Report 191 N4 in an effort to improve the quality and performance of specialized programs.
How To Apply Online For Westcol Tvet College
- Submit documentation – you will receive notifications via email about your progress.
- Please read the minimum requirements before you apply.
- Westcol reserves the right to discontinue a program based on insufficient student numbers or to move it to another campus.
- You need an active e-mail account as we will be communicating with you through emails.
- You must continuously check your email to ensure that you do not miss any communication.
- All documents to be submitted should be original certified copies and the certification should not be older than 6 months.
- Please make sure that you scan the documents in PDF format:
- Grade 12 certificate/Statement of results/Latest school report/DHET certificate
- ID document
- Proof of residence