Vodacom Bursary 2023-2024
Vodacom Group Limited (Vodacom) was established in 1994 and is a South African mobile communications company providing data, voice, messaging and convergence services to its more than 50 million customers. Previously owned by Telkom and Vodafone (each with 50% of the shares), in 2008 Vodafone increased its shares in the company to 65%, and Telkom announced the listing of its remaining shares on JSE. In fact, Vodacom is the largest mobile phone network in South Africa, with approximately 58% of the country’s market share.
The company now not only operates in South Africa, but also has a network in Lesotho; Mozambique; Tanzania and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, in addition to serving clients in more than 40 countries in Africa, including Zambia; Nigeria; Angola; Ghana; Kenya, Cameroon and Ivory Coast.
Vodacom bursaries are awarded to students studying/ intending on studying within the following fields:
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Electronics/ Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Light current)
- Actuarial Science
- Mathematics/ Mathematical Sciences
- Digital Marketing
- Big Data
Vodacom Bursary 2023-2024
This is a full bursary, covering all study related expenses, including tuition, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and meals. Students will also be able to take part in vacation work or practical training each year.
Once students have graduated, they will be able to join the Graduate Development Program and may be required to take up employment at Vodacom (depending on availability within the company).
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback by 30 November, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen OR naturalized before 1994
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying full-time at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum academic result of 70% for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Achieved an exemption in Matric
- Engineering and Science degree students: must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE VODACOM BURSARY
Download and complete the Vodacom Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile, if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Latest academic record/ transcript, if currently at tertiary (certified copy)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Vodacom Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Vodacom directly:
Very Useful Links