UJ NSFAS List 2023
UJ NSFAS List 2023
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) was formed in terms of the National Student Financial Aid Scheme. NSFAS is a bursary scheme which provides poor and working class South African students with fully subsidised free higher education and training.
NSFAS’s vision is to provides students from poor and working class families with financial aid, to undertake studies at public universities and TVET colleges.
On 16 December 2017, former president, Jacob Zuma, announced that the South African government would phase in “fully subsidised free higher education and training for poor and working class South African students”. The funding would be phased in over a period of 5 years and thus the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) Bursary Scheme was established.
Bursary covers the following research-related costs:
- Registration Fee
- Tuition Fee
- Granted Book Allowance
- Granted Study Materials (up to a certain amount established by NSFAS)
- Accommodation Granted (up to a certain amount established by NSFAS)
- Supplemental Food Allowance
HOW TO APPLY
There are 3 ways in which you can apply:
METHOD 1: On the NSFAS website (if you wish to apply online, follow the instructions below)
- Create your myNSFAS account here: https://my.nsfas.org.za/mynsfas/selfservice.html
- You will be required to provide the following information when registering an account: username, password, ID number, cellphone number and email address
- You can then login using your selected username and password
- Complete the application form by clicking the “apply” button
- When you have filled in all the required information (do not leave any fields blank), you can upload electronic copies of your supporting documents (as listed below). Once all your documents have been uploaded, click the “submit” button to receive your reference number
NSFAS Allowance Process
Returning Senior Students who were funded by NSFAS in 2022
- Kindly ensure that your banking details on the Fundi (former Edu-Loan) system are created. Fundi will send an SMS link.
First Year NSFAS Funded Student in 2022
- All First year students are required to complete a UJ Consent form before allowances are disbursed.
Returning Senior students who were not funded in 2022
- All Returning Senior Students who were not funded by NSFAS in 2022 are required to complete a UJ Consent Form before allowances are disbursed.
Banking Details Creation/Update:
- In order to create/update your banking details: Fundi (former Edu loan) will send you an SMS with a link that you will use to update your banking details.
- In February, students will receive a once-off cash book allowance of R5 000 and a living allowance of R1 000.
Student should print and sign the UJ Consent Form, submit via email below
- The SUBJECT LINE of the email from the student must be in the format as, Allowance19#Student Number
- Mail application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Appeal NSFAS 2022
Appeal Application – NSFAS 2022 Student Submission
Student to print and sign the Appeal Application and attach required documents:
2022 Funded Students (Returning)
- Only 2022 NSFAS funded students can Appeal with the institution
- The SUBJECT LINE of the email from the student must be in the format of: Appeal19_Student Number
- Mail application to email@example.com
First time entering and all senior students who were not funded in 2022 must appeal directly with NSFAS, by emailing their Appeals to ApplicationReview@NSFAS.org.za
Acknowledgement of Debt Application
Acknowledgment of Debt – NSFAS 2022 Student Submissio
Student to print and sign the Acknowledgment of Debt and attach the following:
- Certified ID copy
- Official UJ Fee statement indicating the outstanding debt (stamped)
- The SUBJECT LINE of the email from the student must be in the format of: AOD19_Student Number
- Mail application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download 2022/2023 Acknowledgement of Debt by National Student Financial Aid Scheme
UJ Nsfas Application Requirement
For more info visit Nsfas Website
For more info visit UJ Website
Also See The Following:
Unisa Nsfas Application 2023
Very Useful Links