UJ NSFAS Application
UJ NSFAS Application 2023
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a South African government student financial aid scheme which provides financial aid to undergraduate students to help pay for the cost of their tertiary education after finishing high school. It is funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training. The program also manages bursaries such as the Funza Lusaka Teacher Bursary (for students pursuing a teaching qualification), DHET Disability Bursary and other bursaries from the Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs).
UJ NSFAS Application
NSFAS Approved Students
NSFAS Allowance Process
Returning Senior Students who were funded by NSFAS in 2023
- Kindly ensure that your banking details on the Fundi (former Edu-Loan) system are created. Fundi will send an SMS link.
First Year NSFAS Funded Student in 2023
- All First year students are required to complete a UJ Consent form before allowances are disbursed.
Returning Senior students who were not funded in 2023
- All Returning Senior Students who were not funded by NSFAS in 2023 are required to complete a UJ Consent Form before allowances are disbursed.
Banking Details Creation/Update:
- In order to create/update your banking details: Fundi (former Edu loan) will send you an SMS with a link that you will use to update your banking details.
- In February, students will receive a once-off cash book allowance of R5 000 and a living allowance of R1 000.
Student should print and sign the UJ Consent Form, submit via email below
- The SUBJECT LINE of the email from the student must be in the format as, Allowance#Student Number
- Mail application to email@example.com
Download 2023-2024 UJ Allowance Consent Form
Appeal NSFAS 2023-2024
Appeal Application – NSFAS 2023 Student Submission
Student to print and sign the Appeal Application and attach required documents:
2023 Funded Students (Returning)
- Only 2023 NSFAS funded students can Appeal with the institution
- The SUBJECT LINE of the email from the student must be in the format of: Appeal_Student Number
- Mail application to firstname.lastname@example.org
First time entering and all senior students who were not funded in 2023 must appeal directly with NSFAS, by emailing their Appeals to ApplicationReview@NSFAS.org.za
Download NSFAS APPEAL_2023-2024 Please click on the link to view the latest Appeal List.UJ_NSFAS_Appeal_List_23_July_2023-2024.pdf
Acknowledgement of Debt Application
Acknowledgment of Debt – NSFAS 2023 Student Submission
Student to print and sign the Acknowledgment of Debt and attach the following:
- Certified ID copy
- Official UJ Fee statement indicating the outstanding debt (stamped)
- The SUBJECT LINE of the email from the student must be in the format of: AOD_Student Number
- Mail application to email@example.com
For more information visit UJ Website
Very Useful Links