UCT Online application requirements 2023-2024
UCT Online application requirements 2023-2024
Eligibility for admission
The admission requirements differ depending on what you want to study. The criteria for certificate courses, diplomas and degrees is listed below:
Undergraduate Certificate Study
To confirm eligibility for admission to undergraduate certificate study, applicants must consult the Admissions Office or the faculty concerned.
Undergraduate Diploma Study
The minimum requirement for admission to undergraduate diploma study is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with an achievement rating of 3 (Moderate Achievement, 40-49%) or better in 4 recognised NSC 20-credit subjects.
Bachelor’s Degree Study
To be eligible for admission to degree study, applicants need to meet minimum requirements for eligibility:
- Applicants holding a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) need to pass a minimum of 4 subjects at a rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or better in any four 20-credit NSC subjects.
- Applicants holding a South African Senior Certificate need matriculation endorsement.
- Applicants holding non-South African school-leaving certificates must qualify for a matriculation exemption certificate. For more information please visit the website of the Matriculation Board.
Minimum language proficiency
All applicants must have attained a certain level of proficiency in English and are required to submit evidence of this, as outlined below, as part of their application to study.
South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants
- South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants to UCT must have achieved a pass of 40% or more on the Higher Grade in English (First or Second Language) at Senior Certificate level.
South African NSC undergraduate applicants
- South African NSC undergraduate applicants to UCT, must have achieved a rating of 2 (Elementary Achievement, 30-40%) or better at Home Language or First Additional Language level.
Applicants holding non-South African school-leaving certificates
- Please see UCT’s language requirements.
For further information on the IELTS and TOEFL exams, please contact the UCT English Language Centre.
Calculating Admissions Points Score (APS)
The percentages achieved in National Senior Certificate examinations (preliminary and final examinations) will be allocated an admission score equal to that percentage.
The sum of 6 subjects, excluding Life Orientation, but including English and any required subject(s) for the relevant programme, is considered when deciding on admission. For example, for a given programme where Maths and Physical Sciences are required, we will take scores for English, Maths, Physical Sciences and the next best 3 subjects other than Life Orientation to compute the NSC score towards the APS.
Results below 40% for any subject do not attract a score.
Application Fee And Requirements
There are certain conditions you must meet before filing an application to the University of Cape Town. There are both monetary and document requirements that must be met.
- The application fee is R100 for South African applicants and all other applicants within the Southern African Development Community (SADC).
- For applicants who are outside the SADC, the application fee is R300.
- Graduate School of Business applicants within South Africa and all the other African countries will also pay R1750 for the application fee.
- Graduate School of Business applicants outside the African continent get to pay USD300 for the application fee.
Note that the application fee is not refundable and can be paid by direct bank deposit, Credit Card, or EFT. No matter the payment method, make sure you always quote your application number as a reference.
Use this link to check for the University of Cape Town banking details. Make sure you get the correct information before you perform any transaction.
The relevant application fee should accompany all applications:
|Undergraduate and postgraduate applications from South Africa and the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region||R100|
|Undergraduate and postgraduate applications from outside the SADC region||R300|
|Graduate School of Business (GSB) applications from South Africa and African citizens/residents||R1 750|
|GSB applications from outside of Africa||USD 300|
For the document requirements.
You must make ready a copy of the following documents. If you are applying online, then you should make a scanned copy.
- All results from Grade 11 to Grade 12 or any other higher results.
- A copy of your ID Card or Passport
Yeah! That is pretty much everything. You can also check the UCT Prospectus to be sure of all the requirements.
UCT online Registration
UCT online Application Status
UCT online Courses
How to Apply UCT online
UCT online application dates
UCT online registration dates
How to register UCT Online
UCT online Prospectus
UCT Online application fee
UCT Online application requirements
UCT Application form
UCT Online requirements
For more infor visit UCT Site