swgc 2023 applications
swgc 2023 applications
South West Gauteng College is a public Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET), formerly, FET college, operating under the auspices of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) in terms of the Continuing Education and Training Act, Act No.16 of 2006, as amended. The College is accredited by Umalusi and several Sector Education and Training Authorities (Seta’s) to offer education and training, mostly in the FET band (NQF Level 2 to 4). Some programs are offered in the Higher Education band i.e. the N4 to N6 levels. With over 30 000 enrollments, the college is one of the biggest colleges in the country
With its head office located at Molapo Campus, Soweto, and campuses spread through Soweto (3) to Roodepoort (2) and Randburg (1), Including the “LAND IS WEALTH FARM” in Sterkfontein, the College is a real citadel of education and training for communities in its wide catchment area and beyond.
With the Distance learning and e-learning mode, driven through the Technisa Campus in Randburg, it is no exaggeration to say “we now surface everywhere!”
swgc online application 2023 closing date
Applications close on 30th November 2023
South West Gauteng TVET College Admission Requirements.
Requirements for NC(V) Courses;
The students are permitted to study for a maximum of four years for NC (V) Levels 2, 3, and 4 taking into account possible subject failures.
- Minimum entrance requirements are NQF1 i.e. Grade 9 and AET Level 4
- Entry requirements have been guided and aligned to the NC (V) policy. A point system for entry into qualifications will be utilized.
Requirements for Report 191 Courses;
- Minimum entrance requirements as aligned by the NATED Policy. Students who have passed Grade 12/NC (V) Level 4 will be admitted to N4.
- Students who have passed grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 who want to pursue an artisan career will be admitted to N1 based on a point system
Requirements for Occupational Courses;
- Minimum entrance requirements as per registered Skills Programme/Learnership approved by QCTO/SETA
- To be eligible to apply for an Occupational Programme a student who previously enrolled for NC(V) or Report 191 programs will only be considered if such a student has fully completed the NC(V) or Report 191 program (passed all subjects).
Additional Entry Requirements
- The College Council has determined additional entry requirements by means of a point system for NC(V) level 2, Report 191 N1, and Report 191 N4 in an effort to improve the quality and performance of specialized programs.
How To Apply For swgc online application 2023-2024
Step 1: Select your preferred program of study
- Application forms can be obtained at any of the College Sites/Campuses and, or on the College Website; www.swgc.co.za
- Go to the College Prospectus, http://www.swgc.co.za/swgc-prospectus-2015/ and select the programme/s that you wish to study for.
Late applications will not be considered!
Step 2: Application Forms 2020
- Hard-copy application forms must be completed using a black pen, with clear printing. You must sign your application form. Application forms that are not signed will not be processed.
- To apply online click HERE
- Please note that the application form is not a registration form, the registration forms will be made available to successful applicants.
An incomplete application will result in delays in processing.
Step 3: Supporting documentation
All applications require supporting documents to be submitted to the College.
- Completed Application forms must be accompanied by the following documents:
o Certified copy of the latest results/qualification
o Certified copy of Identity document
- An attached medical statement from a registered doctor if you have any disability or ongoing medical condition that will require you to seek special assistance from the College,
The College cannot consider your application if all required supporting documentation is not attached.
Step 4: Application fee
- There is no application fee required.
Step 5: Submit the application