Online Application at SWGC 2023-2024
Online Application at SWGC 2023-2024
South West Gauteng Institution is a public Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college that operates under the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) under the Continuing Education and Training Act, Act No.16 of 2006, as amended.
The College has been granted accreditation to conduct education and training, especially in the FET band, by Umalusi and various Sector Education and Training Authorities (Setas) (NQF Level 2 to 4). Online Application at SWGC 2023-2024
SWGC is known for providing high-quality vocational education and training. Their main purpose is to make creative use of all college resources to enhance excellence in service delivery, employability, and student entrepreneurship, as well as to be ISO compliant.
It’s important to understand that if you choose a vocational path such as Engineering Studies, Business Studies, or Utility Studies, you won’t need to complete Grade 12 because institutions offer three-year vocational diplomas. This qualification requires only that you have completed Grade 9, but it is best suited to students who have completed Grade 11 or even Grade 12.
Campuses Of SWGC
- DOBSONVILLE CAMPUS
- GEORGE TABOR CAMPUS
- MOLAPO CAMPUS
- ROODERPOORT CAMPUS
- ROODEPOORT WEST CAMPUS
- TECHNISA CAMPUS
SWGC Application Opening and Closing Date
The date for application open for SWGC 2023 academic year is 1st September 2023. The closing date for application at SWGC for the 2023 academic year is 30th October 2023.
South West Gauteng TVET College Admission Requirements.
Requirements for NC(V) Courses;
The students are permitted to study for a maximum of four years for NC (V) Levels 2, 3, and 4 taking into account possible subject failures.
- Minimum entrance requirements are NQF1 i.e. Grade 9 and AET Level 4
- Entry requirements have been guided and aligned to the NC (V) policy. A point system for entry into qualifications will be utilized.
Requirements for Report 191 Courses;
- Minimum entrance requirements as aligned by the NATED Policy. Students who have passed Grade 12/NC (V) Level 4 will be admitted to N4.
- Students who have passed grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 who want to pursue an artisan career will be admitted to N1 based on a point system
Requirements for Occupational Courses;
- Minimum entrance requirements as per registered Skills Programme/Learnership approved by QCTO/SETA
- To be eligible to apply for an Occupational Programme a student who previously enrolled for NC(V) or Report 191 programs will only be considered if such a student has fully completed the NC(V) or Report 191 program (passed all subjects).
Additional Entry Requirements
- The College Council has determined additional entry requirements by means of a point system for NC(V) level 2, Report 191 N1, and Report 191 N4 in an effort to improve the quality and performance of specialized programs.
How To Apply For SWGC Online Application
Step 1: Select your preferred program of study
- Application forms can be obtained at any of the College Sites/Campuses and, or on the College Website; www.swgc.co.za
- Go to the College Prospectus, http://www.swgc.co.za/swgc-prospectus-2015/ and select the programme/s that you wish to study for.
Late applications will not be considered!
Step 2: Application Forms 2023
- Hard-copy application forms must be completed using a black pen, with clear printing. You must sign your application form. Application forms that are not signed will not be processed.
- To apply online click HERE
- Please note that the application form is not a registration form, the registration forms will be made available to successful applicants.
An incomplete application will result in delays in processing.
Step 3: Supporting documentation
All applications require supporting documents to be submitted to the College.
- Completed Application forms must be accompanied by the following documents:
o Certified copy of the latest results/qualification
o Certified copy of Identity document
- An attached medical statement from a registered doctor if you have any disability or ongoing medical condition that will require you to seek special assistance from the College,
The College cannot consider your application if all required supporting documentation is not attached.
Step 4: Application fee
- There is no application fee required.
Step 5: Submit the application