Old Mutual Bursary
Old Mutual Bursary
About Old Mutual
Old Mutual was established in Cape Town, South Africa in 1845 and was the country’s first mutual life insurance provider. Today, the company provides banking; savings; investment; asset management; life insurance; it provides property and personal insurance to its nearly 19 million customers in Africa, North and South America, Europe and Asia.
The company has 4 businesses, including: Old Mutual Emerging Markets (OMEM); Old Mutual Asset Management (OMAM); Old Mutual Wealth (OMW) and Nedbank. Old Mutual is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and the London Stock Exchange (LSE) and has approximately 64,000 employees.
Old Mutual Actuarial Bursary is for students who love numbers and want to work as an actuary. The scholarship will be awarded to students studying actuarial science at the University of Cape Town/University of Witwatersrand/University of Pretoria/Stellenbosch University.
The scholarship will cover the following expenses: tuition, food, accommodation, textbook allowance, travel allowance and general allowance. Students will also receive the following benefits: social opportunities, rewards for good performance, emotional and academic support, and the possibility of vacation work (from their second year of study).
After students graduate, they will also get the following opportunities: one-to-one guidance from experienced and qualified actuaries, guaranteed employment, internal rotation plan, which allows you to obtain professional development in various fields and to interact with people from all over the world. Experts work together in various fields of industry.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Black student (African/ Coloured/ Chinese/ Indian)
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards an Actuarial Science qualification
- Studying or intend on studying at one of the following tertiary institutes: University of Cape Town, University of Witwatersrand, University of Pretoria or Stellenbosch University
- Achieved a minimum A symbol for Matric Mathematics (NOT Mathematical literacy)
- Achieved minimum B symbols for your other Matric subjects
Students must also possess the following personal attributes:
- Always up for a challenge
- Strong mathematical skills
- Dedicated and self-motivated
- Good communication skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.oldmutual.co.za/careers-centre/learners-and-school-leavers/actuarial-bursaries
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate/ final results, if completed Matric or currently at University
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Old Mutual directly:
Tel: 021 504 7285
for more infor visit Old Mutual web
Very Useful Links