My NSAFS Login
My NSAFS Login
The National Student Financial Assistance Program (NSFAS) is once again here to realize your dream of promoting youth development in South Africa. The scholarship program is designed to help smart students who need financial support in their studies. NSFAS provides students with financial assistance to pay for admission and tuition, and subsidies for books, food, transportation, and accommodation for South African universities and TVET.
NSFAS Application Form 2023-2024: Important Dates:
- Applications for NSFAS bursaries opens September every year and closes on 30 November.
How to Apply for NSFAS?
You can apply online: www.nsfas.org.za
If you are Already Registered with NSFAS
How to update your NSFAS account details:
- Login to nsfas.org.za
- Enter your username and password (on the ‘already registered’ tab)
- Click ‘sign in’
- Select ‘My Personal Details’ and delete incorrect cell phone number and replace it with correct one (the same can be done with other incorrect information)
- Click ‘update details’
- A one-time pin (OTP) will be sent to the new cell phone number
- You will be asked to enter and submit the OTP on the NSFAS website once it has been sent to you
- Once this is done, your details are updated
The manual process of changing contact details is still available. This involves emailing a certified copy of an ID book or smart card, along with an affidavit stating that the cell phone number has been changed (the old and new number must be noted), to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
My NSAFS Login 2023-2024
If you are NOT yet Registered with NSFAS
How to create a NSFAS profile:
- Go to nsfas.org.za
- Click on ‘MyNSFAS Account’
- Register and create a profile
Once you have applied to NSFAS, you should wait no longer than a week to have your application acknowledged. If you do not receive acknowledgment of your application, you are requested to call the Toll Free NSFAS call centre (08000 673 27).
How to sign your NBA or SOP?
Students who are funded by NSFAS for the first time are required to sign the NSFAS Bursary Agreement form.
How to sign?
Step 1: You will receive an email with a link to sign online, click on the link to proceed
Step 2: After inserting your ID number, you will receive a One Time Pin (OTP) through an SMS to your registered cell phone number.
Step 3: Type in the received OTP to continue with the signing of the agreement
Make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents before attempting to apply for funding:
- Your South African identity document / card (or an unabridged birth certificate if you are younger than 16 years old).
- The ID of your parents and / or guardian (or death certificate where applicable).
- Pay advice / letter of employment / pension advice stating income (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income).
- A completed and signed consent form, which you may download here and must be filled in with your parent / guardian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form signed by all the people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted and will be considered incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A from www.nsfas.org.za, fill it in and submit it with your application.
Please note: The stamp on all certified documents should not be older than three months.
You may apply if
- you are a South African citizen with a household income of R350k or less, you are registered at this institution and have not been approved for NSFAS funding in 2018.
- you are a South African citizen with a household income of R350k or less, you are registered at this institution but have not applied for NSFAS funding before.
- you are a South African citizen with a household income of R350k or less and you plan to study at a public university or TVET college in 2023 and require funding.
Please note that your application will NOT be considered if
- you have already applied for 2023 on www.nsfas.org.za and have an application reference number.
- you already have NSFAS funding for 2023.
- you already have an undergraduate degree / diploma or postgraduate degree, with the following exceptions:
- BTech – Architecture / Architectural Technology
- BTech – Engineering (all disciplines), Cartography, Forestry
- BTech – Biokinetics, Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology
- BTech – Chiropractic, Homoeopathy, all Nursing
- BTech – Clinical or Dental Technology, Emergency Medical Care
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
My NSAFS Login 2023-2024
Applicants may make use of the computer lab on campus to apply and may also contact the financial aid office on campus for assistance with their 2023 applications.
You may call the NSFAS Contact Center on 08 000 67327.
For more info visit Nsfas Website
Unisa Nsfas Application 2023
Very Useful Links