Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust Bursary
Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust Bursary South Africa 2023-2024
Kühne + Nagel is an international transport and logistics company located in Switzerland. A leading global company founded in 1890, providing air and ocean freight services, as well as contract logistics and land operations.
The Kuehne + Nagel group is present in more than 100 countries, where it employs around 79,000 people in around 300 offices.
In 2012, the Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust was established to invest in the education of young South Africans. Since the awards were launched continuously, the trust has financially supported many students in logistics, supply chain management and related business fields.
Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust will award scholarships in the following fields of study:
- Accounting (BCom)
- Financial management (BCom)
- Information systems (BCom)
- Transportation economics (BCom)
- Logistics (BCom)
- Logistics Management (Diploma)
The scholarship will cover the following costs: tuition fees, prescribed books and accommodation allowance. Fellows will also be able to work during school holidays, to gain practical work experience.
After students graduate, they will need to work for Kuehne + Nagel – the time back to work will be equal to the time the grant is received.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview (in February and March 2019), followed by a final interview or case study presentation (in February). March 2019) and the scholarship will then be awarded (in March 2023). If you do not receive a response, your application will be considered unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Black female
- Completed Matric
- Studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (second year/ third year/ postgraduate)
- Studying at an accredited university in South Africa
- Good academic record
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in your most recent year of study
- Proven financial need
- Strong leadership skills (engaged in school, university or community activities)
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the KN Inzuzo Trust Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Recent passport-sized photo
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy)
- High School or University awards for academic/ leadership/ sport/ entrepreneurial achievements (certified copies)
- Letter of reference from a high school teacher or university lecturer (signed and stamped)
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional acceptance from your University
- Parents/ guardian’s proof of income (latest payslips/ sworn affidavit/ pension advice slip) (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardian’s proof of residence
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Hand delivery:
The Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust
9 Nguni Drive
Longmeadow West Business Park
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust directly:
Tel: 011 574 7000