Investec Tertiary Bursary
Investec Tertiary Bursary
About Investec Tertiary
Investec, founded in 1974 by three co-founders Ian Kantor; Errol Grolman and Larry Nestadt is a global asset management and professional banking group. The company offers a variety of financial products and services to a customer base in three countries (South Africa, Australia and the United Kingdom).
Investec is listed on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) and LSE (London Stock Exchange) and has more than 9,000 employees worldwide. The company has banking operations in the United States; Canada; Swiss; Hong Kong; Taiwan; Guernsey; Sweater; Botswana; Namibia and Mauritius.
Banking services include: investment banking; private banking; and corporate and institutional banking.
Investec will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study (undergraduate degree qualification):
- Business and Management Studies
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, stationery, accommodation in residence or equivalent private accommodation, meals, transport (a maximum of 4 bus trips home per year) and a personal computer.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Full enrollment or currently studying at Matric
- In one of the above fields of study or intends to study full time
- Studying or intends to study at a recognized university in South Africa
- Current university student: must be the first year of study
- Actuarial science student: Study in their first year is required and will enter their second year in 2023.
- Matric students and those who have completed Matric: must achieve at least 60% in all subjects and at least 65% English HL or 70% English FAL and 70% Mathematics
- Strong academic potential
- Proven financial needs
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://leap.ly/opportunities/290
You will be required to Register an account before you can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Motivational letter in support of your bursary application (why you should be selected to receive a bursary)
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Study Trust directly:
Contact Person: Mr Mthusi Morebodi (Bursary Support Manager)
Tel: 011 403 1632 / 011 403 1130
Fax: 086 567 5604
for more info visit investec.com
Very Useful Links