About IDC Bursary
The Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) was established in 1940 and is owned by the South African government and supervised by the Ministry of Economic Development. IDC is a national development financial institution that provides financial and non-financial support to young companies engaged in industrial development projects.
The purpose of the establishment of this institution is to promote economic growth and industrial development, and to contribute to the creation of sustainable employment in the country and other parts of Africa.
IDC provides financial assistance of up to R1 billion for entrepreneurs and companies wishing to expand their existing businesses.
The IDC scholarship program will grant the following research fields:
- Agricutural Science
- Computer Science
IDC has a scholarship program to assist selected students who are academically talented but lack the financial resources to receive a higher education.
The program is a full scholarship, funding: engineering, business, science, agriculture, environmental research, and information technology.
Includes the following study-related expenses:
- College fees
- Books and
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Residing in South Africa
- Between the ages of 16 and 25 years old
- Completed Matric OR currently in completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa (NOT a private University or College)
- Current Matric students: must have achieved a minimum “B” symbol for Mathematics and Science AND must have achieved a minimum overall average of 75%
- Current tertiary students: must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% or “C” symbol AND must have passed all previous modules for your current degree
- NOT currently in receipt of any other funding from a bursary or employer
- Proven financial need
- *Preference will be given to students from rural areas
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE IDC Bursary 2023-2024
Applications must be done online at: https://protected.idc.co.za/BursaryPortal/
You will be required to Register an account before you can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic results, if not studying this year (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of Registration/ provisional admission
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ sworn affidavit or financial statements if self-employed/ sworn affidavit or death certificate if deceased/ divorce certificate if divorced/ sworn statement if separated) (certified copies)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact IDC directly:
Industrial Development Corporation (IDC)
Contact Person: Ms Nolonwabo Nguqu
Tel: 011 269 3946
for more infor visit IDC web
Very Useful Links