How To Create NSFAS Account
How To Create NSFAS Account
The National Finance Aid Plan for students (NSFA) was formed from the point of view of the national student’s financial support plan. NSFAs are a loose method that provides poor students from South Africa from the work class who suffer from fully supported education and training.
NSFAS’s vision is to provide deficient and fiscal aid for families with poor and working families to carry out research on public universities and television colleges.
December 16, 2017, Jacob Zuma announced that the South African Government is a gradual of the South African government “high-class student’s backed and poor students from South Africa.” Financing has been organized in stages in five years, and therefore a high education and training residue trend (DHET) was established.
HOW TO APPLY
There are 3 ways in which you can apply:
METHOD 1: On the NSFAS website (if you wish to apply online, follow the instructions below)
- Create your myNSFAS account here: https://my.nsfas.org.za/mynsfas/selfservice.html
- You will be required to provide the following information when registering an account: username, password, ID number, cellphone number, and email address
- You can then login using your selected username and password
- Complete the application form by clicking the “apply” button
- When you have filled in all the required information (do not leave any fields blank), you can upload electronic copies of your supporting documents (as listed below). Once all your documents have been uploaded, click the “submit” button to receive your reference number.
Method 2: At the nearest NYDA center
- Visit the nearest NYDA center / office
- The NYDA center staff will explain the application process and provide you with an application form to complete
- Use CAPITAL to complete the application form in black Write a letter in pen and sign in the designated place
- .Submit your application form and supporting documents (listed below). Make sure your supporting documents are certified on the front of the page and are no more than 3 months old.
- You will receive a receipt card with a barcode attached.
METHOD 3: At a Financial Aid Office on campus/ computer lab
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document/ ID card (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Unabridged birth certificate (if you do not have an ID document or ID card) (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Parents/ guardians death certificate (if applicable) (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Payslips/ employment letters/ pension advice (not older than 3 months) (do not submit SASSA slips. SASSA should be excluded from household income) (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Contact details (cellphone number/ email address where NSFAS can communicate with you throughout the application process, as well as to provide feedback on the outcome of your application)
- NSFAS Consent Form pdf– completed and signed by parents/ guardians
- If disabled, complete and include the NSFAS Disability Annexure A (.pdf)
- If orphaned, complete and include the NSFAS Declaration Form (.pdf) – to be signed by an Isibindi Child Youth Care Worker/ a social worker from the Department of Social Development and submitted to an Isibindi Centre/ NYDA office.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
Tel: 0860 067 327
For more info visit Nsfas Website
Very Usful Links
nsfas online application
nsfas application form
nsfas consent form
apply for nsfas
how to create nsfas account