HCI Foundation Bursary
HCI (Hosken Consolidated Investments) Foundation Bursary South Africa 2020-2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – HCI
Hosken Consolidated Investments Limited (HCI) is an investment holdings company, with most of its revenue accumulated from the Casino Gaming and Hotels sector. The black empowered company is also involved in various other investment groups, including property; hotel and leisure; transport; clothing; mining; interactive gaming; media and broadcasting. The companies main shareholder is the Southern African Clothing & Textile Workers Union (SACTWU) Investment Group.
The JSE listed company (listed as “HCI” since 1973) has investment operations located in various countries, including South Africa, the rest of Africa, Australia, United States of America, United Kingdom and China.
HCI’s corporate social investment branch, known as the HCI Foundation, is aimed at uplifting South Africans to create a positive and sustainable impact in underprivileged communities.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS OF STUDY, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The HCI Foundation Bursary Programme is aimed at academically deserving and ﬁnancially needy students. Students must be studying towards an Undergraduate degree qualification (up to Honours level) in any ﬁeld of study OR must be a current HCI Foundation bursary recipient.
The partial bursary is intended to cover a portion of students tuition fees, up to a maximum of R33 000 per annum.
Bursary recipients are NOT required to pay/ work back the bursary, but they are expected to engage in community projects, take part in tutoring and mentoring programmes, as well as volunteering within their community.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizens OR a refugee/ asylum seekers in South Africa
- 35 years old younger on the closing date
- Current HCI Foundation bursary holder: welcome to apply if studying at a tertiary institute in South Africa
- New applicants: studying at one of the following public tertiary institutions – University of Cape Town/ University of the Western Cape/ University of Stellenbosch/ University of Johannesburg/ University of Witwatersrand/ University of Pretoria/ Rhodes University/ University of Kwa Zulu Natal/ University of the Free State/ North-West University/ Nelson Mandela University/ Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
- Studying full-time (part-time, distance learning and TVET college studies are NOT supported)
- Gross monthly family income of less than R37 500
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online via the following steps:
1) Register an account: https://bursary.hcifoundation.co.za/BursaryAccount/Register
2) Login and complete the online application: https://bursary.hcifoundation.co.za/Services/Account/SignIn/
3) Submit the list of below supporting documents
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians proof of family income (payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of grant if applicable)
- Proof of grant (if applicable)
- Motivational essay (max 750 words)
- Matric/ final results (must be sent via email/ fax/ post by 23 February 2020)
If you are unable to upload your supporting documentation online, you may submit them one of the following ways:
1) Fax: 021 424 6019
76 Regent Rd
for more info visit hcifoundation.co.za