Harmony Gold Mining Bursary
Harmony Gold Mining Bursary
About Harmony Gold Mining
Harmony was founded in 1950 as a South African gold exploration and mining organization. Today, Harmony is one of the largest gold mining companies in the world, with mines in South Africa and Papua New Guinea.
JSE Limited, the Berlin Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange employ more than 32,000 employees in operations in South Africa and Papua New Guinea.
Harmony used to be a leased mining business, but later expanded into a world-class gold producer. It currently owns 1 open-pit mine, numerous surface resources and 9 underground mines in South Africa, as well as 1 silver mine and open-pit gold mine in Papua New Zealand. Guinea.
Harmony will award scholarships in core and core disciplines, including:
- Electrical Engineering (High Current)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
Harmony Scholarship aims to help students in the surrounding communities operate economically and harmoniously. Based on Harmony’s future job demand, grants are awarded in various fields each year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive any feedback within 21 days of the application deadline, please consider that your application was not accepted. The interview will take place at Harmony’s office in Randfontein, Gauteng or Welkom, Free State.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying OR intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (entering your 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th year of study)
- Studying OR have been accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- NOT currently in receipt of any other bursary funding or sponsorship
- In financial need
- Must have achieved the following minimum academic results: 60% (Rating Level 5) for English, Science and Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- Engineering students must have achieved the following minimum academic results: 70% (Rating Level 6) for Science and Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- *Preference will be given to students residing in communities surrounding Harmony Gold’s operations
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.harmony.co.za/bursaries/bursary-application
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation in your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric 12 June results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate AND full academic transcript, if currently at tertiary level (certified copies)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a tertiary institution
- Testimonial/ employment record of service, if applicable
- Curriculum Vitae
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Harmony directly:
Contact Person: Evelyn Moalosi (The Bursary Administrator)
Tel: 011 057 910 6621
for more info visit armony.co.za
Very Useful Links