About The College Bursary
The African Scholars Foundation opened its doors when it saw the enormous demand for quality education during apartheid. Currently, they are helping students from poor families by providing financial assistance for secondary school education expenses and college TVET.
The fund aims to contribute to the costs of tuition, school uniforms and transportation of students through monetary donations. ASF will not stop providing financial support, it will also guide, motivate and train its recipients until they complete their studies. They are fully focused on the well-being of students by monitoring their academic progress and providing feedback, maintaining regular contact with the chief financial officer.
Scholarship will be awarded to students in all fields of study who will continue their studies at the FET Academy, grades N1-N6, and certain practical courses.
Scholarship will only cover enrollment fees and course fees.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- 25 years of age or younger
- Completed Grade 10 Science and Mathematics (minimum)
- Currently studying or intend on studying on a full-time basis at an FET College,
- Studying currently in college, much have achieved a minimum average of 50% for all exams and tests completed.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the African Scholars Fund Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following documents must be submitted with your application form:
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric report/ certificate (certified copy of)
- If in college: prior college exam statements of results
- If in college: current class test results
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ pension receipts/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificate if deceased)
- Motivational letter about why you deserve the bursary and your household circumstances (in applicants handwriting)
- Stamped and self-addressed envelope
College Bursary 2023-2024
Complete application forms and documents must be submitted via post to:
PO Box 294
(No faxed or emailed applications will be considered).
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact African Scholars’ Fund directly:
Contact Person: Asanda Gigaba (TVET Bursary Manager)
Tel: 021 689 9094/ 021 689 9431
Fax: 021 689 9240
Very Usful Links