Bursaries For Private Colleges
Bursaries For Private Colleges
Are you looking for scholarships to fund your education in South Africa? We have a complete online list of all major scholarships available in South Africa in 2023, and we will add more scholarship programs every week.
One of the biggest investments you can make is your education. Whether you are in your final year of school and considering going to university, or a student who is struggling to continue to pay for education, or have good academic records, scholarships or scholarships may be your best choice.
Scholarships and scholarships are one of the best ways to fund your studies and achieve higher education goals without spending a lot of money. It reduces the cost and debt of graduate school because you don’t have to pay it back.
If you do not fully understand what a scholarship is and how to obtain it, the following information will help you through the process.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised University in South Africa
- Current tertiary students: must be in their 1st year of study
- Actuarial Science students: must be in their 1st year of study and will be in their 2nd year of study in 2020
- Current Matric students and those who have completed Matric: must have achieved a minimum result of 60% in all their subjects AND a minimum of 65% in English HL or 70% in English FAL and 70% in Mathematics
- Strong academic potential
- Proven financial need
Read also Bursaries in South Africa
List of All Bursaries in South Africa 2023-2024
Are you looking for a bursary for funding your education in South Africa? We have a comprehensive online list of all available top bursaries for 2023 in South Africa and we are adding more bursary programmes each week.
One of the biggest investments you can make is in your education. Whether you are in your last year of school and considering going to University, a current student struggling to continue paying for education or if you have a strong academic history then a bursary or scholarship could be a great option for you.
Bursaries and Scholarships are one of the best ways to finance your studies and achieve goals in higher education without having to spend a large amount of money. It reduces the cost of postgraduate studies and liability of debt because they don’t have to be repaid.
If you do not fully understand what a bursary is and how to get one, the following information will help guide you through the process.
What is a Bursary and How Does it Work?
A Bursary is a sum of money that is awarded to enable someone to study at university or college. A lot of organizations, government or corporate, will offer the bursary to study at a university and will cover the costs of full tuition fees. Sometimes the bursary will also cover additional costs involved in studying such as textbooks, laptop, living allowance for meals and accommodation.
Often the organization providing the bursary will require that the individual (bursar) completes work or a training program for that organization after completing their studies. This is beneficial for both the bursar and the organization as the bursar is provided with employment after completing their course and the organization has a well trained and educated member to join their team.
How to Find a Bursary in South Africa to Finance Your Study?
People often talk about safety in numbers. There is no limitation on the number of bursary you can apply for. So it is recommended to complete as many bursary applications as possible in the field of study you are interested in and where you meet the bursary requirements.
You can use this website to find South African Bursaries online applications by searching by field of study or by the name of the organization or companies which is offering the bursary or scholarship. Or you can simply click on the following categories to find your bursary programmes:
- Education & Teaching
- Information Technology
- Medical & Nursing
How to Apply for Bursaries in South Africa?
Qualifying for a Bursary
Each bursary will often have a set of different requirements in order to qualify, often this will depend on what the organization/company is looking for in its bursar. Eligibility requirements often found on application forms are:
- You have to be a South African citizen (or South African permanent residents)
- You have a strong academic history (some bursaries require good grades in certain subject – e.g. Maths/Science/Languages)
- You have currently been studying or intend to study within a specific field of study which is suitable for the bursary program
- You have currently been studying or you have applied to study at a recognized institution in South Africa
- You have a proven financial need (often by submitting proof of household income)
Applicants must ensure they meet all of the eligibility requirements for the Bursary to be considered.
The Application Process
The application process is usually straightforward and well explained. Once you know which field of study it is you are looking for, then you can begin completing the online bursary application forms.
For each bursary we have listed on the site there will be a list of steps on what is required to complete the application form.
- First, make sure you fulfill the bursary eligibility requirements
- Ensure you have all the information and documentation to complete the application form
- Use the bursary online application form (if available) or download a copy of the form to complete and submit
If you still have questions regarding the application process, please either provide a comment on the page itself or alternatively we have provided contact details where you can obtain further information or ask questions to the organisation or company directly.
Very Useful Links