Bowmans (formerly Bowman Gilfillan) is a corporate law firm, which is actually one of the “Top Five Law Firms” in South Africa. The company was founded in 1998 by the merger of three law firms, namely Bowman Gilfillan Hayman Godfrey; John and Knick, and Findlay and Tate.
The company has more than 400 professional lawyers and more than 550 employees. The company is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, and also has offices in 4 African countries (namely South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda).
Bowmans provides professional legal services in a range of dispute resolution, commercial and corporate law, and financial and banking law. Services are provided in the following sectors: construction; mining; infrastructure; industry; ports, transportation and logistics; hotels and leisure; technology, media and telecommunications; financial institutions; consumer products; medicines and health products.
The Bowmans Scholarship will be awarded to law students studying for one of the following degrees:
- BCom Law
- BA Law
This is a full scholarship that will cover all study-related expenses.
Requirements Needed To Apply Bowmans Bursary South Africa 2023-2024
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards one of the aforementioned Law degree qualifications
- Studying or registered to study at a recognised university in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for current year of study
- Excellent academic performance
- Proven financial need
- *Preference will be given to students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Current Matric students: apply by submitting your application via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Bursary Application: Your Name” in the email subject line).
Current tertiary students: apply online at: https://leap.ly/campaign/bowmanslaw
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Students who have completed Matric: Matric certificate (certified copy) AND latest academic record/ university transcripts (on tertiary letterhead)
- Currently Matric students: Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Bowmans directly:
Tel: 021 480 7800
for more infor visit bowmanslaw.com
Very Useful Links