Bowmans Bursary South Africa 2020-2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BOWMANS
Bowmans (previously known as Bowman Gilfillan) is a corporate law firm, in fact it is one of South Africa’s “Big Five law firms”. The company wad formed in 1998 as the result of a merger between 3 law firms, namely Bowman Gilfillan Hayman Godfrey; John & Kernick and Findlay & Tait.
The firm employs in excess of 400 specialised lawyers, and over 550 staff members. Headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, the firm also has offices in 4 countries across Africa (namely South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda).
Bowmans provide specialist legal services over a range of dispute resolution, commercial and corporate law, and finance and banking law. Services are provided in the following sectors: Construction; Mining; Infrastructure; Industrial; Ports, Transport and Logistics; Hotels and Leisure; Technology, Media and Telecommunications; Financial Institutions; Consumers Goods; Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Bowmans bursary will be awarded to students within the Law faculty, studying towards one of the following degree qualifications:
- BCom Law
- BA Law
This is a full cost bursary, which will cover all study related expenses.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards one of the aforementioned Law degree qualifications
- Studying or registered to study at a recognised university in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for current year of study
- Excellent academic performance
- Proven financial need
- *Preference will be given to students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Current Matric students: apply by submitting your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Bursary Application: Your Name” in the email subject line).
Current tertiary students: apply online at: https://leap.ly/campaign/bowmanslaw
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Students who have completed Matric: Matric certificate (certified copy) AND latest academic record/ university transcripts (on tertiary letterhead)
- Currently Matric students: Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Bowmans directly:
Tel: 021 480 7800
for more infor visit bowmanslaw.com