apply uct 2023-2024
apply uct 2023-2024
About University Of Cape Town
- The Institution of Cape Town (UCT) is a public research university in Cape Town, South Africa. It is located in the Western Cape province. The University of Cape Town (UCT) was established in 1829 as the South African College, making it the country’s oldest higher education institution. Together with Stellenbosch University, which obtained full university status on the same day in 1918, it is the oldest university in South Africa and the oldest existent university in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Although the University of Cape Town was established by a private act of Parliament in 1918, the University of Cape Town Statute (issued in 2002 in terms of the Higher Education Act) establishes its structure and roles, designating the Chancellor – currently, Dr. Precious Moloi Motsepe – as the ceremonial figurehead and vesting real leadership authority in the Vice-Chancellor, currently Prof Mamokgethi Phakeng, who is accountable to the University Council. The university has approximately 29,000 to 30,000 students studying liberal arts, pure sciences, and professional degrees ranging from bachelor’s degrees (NQF 7) to doctoral degree levels, with 57 departments organized into six faculties and the multidisciplinary Centre for Higher Education Development (NQF 10).
- The University of Cape Town (UCT) publicizes online the application guidelines for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate programs for the 2023 /2024 academic year/session.
WHERE DO I APPLY?
Students interested in applying should complete the following steps:
- Visit the UCT application page by clicking here.
- Choose between undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Complete the required fields and send the required papers.
- Send your application in.
- Undergraduate application forms should be emailed to email@example.com with the title “2023 UCT Application Form” in the subject line.
- All postgraduate applicants must submit their applications online.
How to Apply UCT online 2023-2024
Before applying, students should gather the following information:
- To complete the application, you’ll need an email address.
- Students from South Africa will need their ID cards, while international students will need their passports.
- Ascertain that all papers are scanned in accordance with the instructions.
- Exam results as well as confirmation of residency are required.
- Higher Education Development, Commerce, Engineering, Health Sciences, Humanities, Law, and Science are among the faculties at UCT that offer courses.
For more infor visit UCT Site